Friday, March 15, 2013

01 - In the Beginning....

Have entered this year with a clear idea. The 'clarity' quickly faded after week 1 presentation. After a bit of clarifying I got the green light to go ahead with what I wanted to do. Throughout writing the songs I was getting clues on how the recorded sound would be, though I always had in mind to be more experimental with the whole process. After watching a youtube recently of a guy demonstrating live beats/scratches using an axiom midi keyboard, I was inspired to figure out how he did it. After some unsucessful attempts through protools I had the idea to see what iphone apps were capable of. I found some decent ones with some decent potential and I feel I can incorporate some of them into my work. Then I started researching for protools plugins that have what I need e.g placing samples of my choice and allocating them to the pads so I can play them, with velocity control. I found a couple with good potential.

 Through all this researching I feel it has left me with a new outlook. The thought of now just recording straight guitar songs with a bit of fancy bits here and there isnt exciting to me. A new approach is necassary and I am open to diving into a new realm of sounds/experimenting/bleeping/glitching etc... Peace!